Traffic lights will be installed on Tillyard Drive at intersections with Ginninderra Drive and Lhotsky Street.
Just like everyone else who uses these intersections regularly, I will be happy to see these upgrades happen as soon as
- $8.12 million over two years to upgrade the intersections of Ginninderra Drive/Tillyard Drive, Tillyard Drive/Lhotsky Street and Kuringa Drive/Owen Dixon Drive.
Ginninderra Drive/Tillyard Drive and Tillyard Drive/Lhotsky Street intersections
- The Ginninderra Drive and Tillyard Drive intersection did receive some Black Spot funding for minor improvements as part of the 2010-11 Federal Black Spot Program with a number of low cost improvements implemented consisting of upgraded street lighting, signage and line marking.
- A feasibility study and preliminary design of the Tillyard Drive intersection with Ginninderra Drive, including analysis of the impact on traffic at the nearby intersection of Tillyard Drive with Lhotsky Street, has been completed.
- $4 million over two years will be provided for the detailed design and construction of an upgrade at the intersections of Ginninderra Drive/Tillyard Drive and Tillyard Drive/Lhotsky Street.
- Both intersections will receive integrated traffic lights. The upgrades will also include an additional through lane on the eastern approach to both the intersections, an additional right turn lane from Ginninderra Drive onto Tillyard Drive, minor road widening and kerb adjustments northbound on Lhotsky Street and construction of paths providing connection to the intersection.
- The upgrades will improve safety and congestion at these intersections including improved safety and crossing opportunities for pedestrian and cyclists.
Kuringa Drive and Owen Dixon Drive intersection
- A Feasibility Study was completed in 2016 for intersection improvements. The outcome of the report recommended the intersection be signalised.
- Minor safety improvements were delivered at the intersection as part of the Federal Black Spot Program.
- $4.12 million over two years will be provided for the detailed design and construction of an upgrade at the intersection of Kuringa Drive and Owen Dixon Drive.
- Traffic lights will be installed at the intersection. The upgrade will also deliver an additional lane on the east approach to Kuringa Drive and a right turn lane from Kuringa Drive to Owen Dixon Drive.
- The upgrade will improve safety and congestion at this intersection including improved safety and crossing opportunities for pedestrian and cyclists.